Fall is the perfect time to be proactive with your trees and shrubs to ensure they stay healthy during the winter and beautiful next spring and summer. Preventative and corrective treatments administered in the fall boost stamina during the winter and create a progressive growing environment in the spring.
Here are some suggestions to improve the vitality and longevity of your trees and shrubs:
- Fertilize – apply a slow-release fertilizer to replenish nutrients lost over the summer and improve resistance to damage from disease, insects and inclement weather.
- Prune – make your trees and shrubs healthy, productive, beautiful and safe. Take advantage of pruning after leaves have fallen when the skeletons of the trees and shrubs are visible. Pruning during the colder months also puts less stress on your plants.
- Mulch – give root systems an extra layer of warmth.
- Wrap evergreens to prevent animal damage.
- Shelter plants from runoffs of melting salts.
- Schedule an appointment with an ArborTech arborist – our arborist can assess the plants on your property, design and execute a plan that will meet your plants’ healthcare needs