Winter is prime time to prune dormant trees and shrubs
This time of year your landscape has entered dormancy period, and without all the leaves in the way, our arborists can better evaluate the bones of your landscape’s trees. Applying proper pruning techniques can help control the size of a tree, direct growth, and remove any areas that are susceptible to insect damage, disease or are problematic paving the way for healthy spring growth.
Benefits of Dormant Pruning
- Easier to evaluate and improve the branching pattern for a more precise prune
- A fresh cut in the dormant season is less likely to attract disease-carrying insects
- Less stress to the tree allowing for robust new growth in the spring and summer
- Long term, proper pruning can help promote the health of your trees
- Improves tree safety over winter
Call (413) 525-0060 or email us to see how ArborTech can help customize a pruning plan based on the current needs of your property.